It can be a frustrating experience when things keep changing. You might have Bing suddenly appear, receive a deluge of advertisements on the browsing pages, or even find it all becomes painfully slow.
Here are some quick tutorials on how to manage your Google Chrome Browser.
How to return your Google home page
- On your computer, open Google Chrome.
- At the top right of your Google browser, click on the three vertical dots
- A menu will appear and scroll down to click on Settings.
- A further window will open and click on Appearance.
- Under Appearance, turn on the Show Home button.
- Below Show Home button, choose to use the New Tab page.
- Then navigate to Search Engine and locate “Search engine used in the address bar” then choose Google Search.
- Navigate to “On Start Up” lower down the page and click on “Open the New tab Page”.
How to remove unwanted pop ups and extensions
These can be particularly frustrating as they tend to hijack your search engine or are used to place ads on the pages you browse. I always check extensions when cleaning a client’s browser and remove any extensions that aren’t Google extensions. Here’s how you can do it:
- Once again, at the top right, click on the three vertical dots.
- A menu will appear and scroll down to click on More Tools then Extensions
- On the extension, click Details to see what it is for, then click Remove if you’re not sure.
How to Block Ads
How many websites do you visit that are cluttered with advertisements? I suggest using AdBlock Plus to simply block these obnoxious screen fillers. It is as simple as searching for AdBlock Plus online, installing it and then following their instructions.
One note though – if you stream television shows through your computer, I would suggest not using this plugin as it sometimes interferes with the stream.
How to Reset Your Google Chrome Browser
On the odd occasion your Google Chrome browser may start freezing or not uploading webpages, a simple reset might clear the problem.
- At the top right, click on the three vertical dots once again, then Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced then Reset Settings.
- Then click on Reset settings to their original default
- A window will appear telling you what you are about to perform. Click on Reset Settings once again and within a minute or so it will clear out any unwanted little glitches.
I hope this is helpful in improving your browsing experience.
If you get yourself in a bit of a mess you can always call us 1300 682 817 or email email@example.com